Since my hunny and I have started Atkins, I’ve been on the hunt for low carb, Atkins friendly recipes for us. We are both always on the run so the need for it to be quick and easy is crucial. I looooove these.
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 3 Pieces bacon
- 1/2 Hass avocado, sliced
- 4 Ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Prepare salsa: In small bowl, combine tomato, green onions, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs with water and season with salt and pepper. Prepare bacon, cook thoroughly, crumble and set aside.
- Melt half the butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When foam subsides, add half the egg mixture. Tilt pan to coat bottom and cook 1 minute, until almost set. Sprinkle half the omelet with half the crumbled bacon, avocado and cheese and cook 1 minute.
- Fold empty half of omelet over filling and slide omelet onto a plate. Keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining butter, egg mixture, bacon, avocado and cheese. Serve with salsa.