Things Your Mom Was Totally Right About
1. Food. Literally. Cures. Everything.
And your mother’s signature dish might have magical medicinal properties science has yet to understand. But your tummy certainly does.
2. Don’t burn your bridges.
You never know when you’ll need to use one.
3. A gentleman is always prepared.
No puddle is too deep, no favor too large, and no gap too wide.
4. Manners go a long way.
And they help you get what you want.
5. You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince.
Ugh… amphibians can be such pigs.
6. No one buys the cow if they can get the milk for free.
Mom understood that all creatures act according to their nature. Cats, cows, guys at the bar…
No, but really: WEAR SUNSCREEN!!
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH.
8. Your feet stink.
Closed-toe shoes were invented so people didn’t have to smell feet anymore. Don’t be parading yours around.
9. Always. Bring. A. Coat.
You will get cold at some point while you’re away from your home. She has never been wrong about this.
10. Stand up straight.
Posture is important. You will look taller, more confident, and more handsome.
11. Don’t marry the first person you date.
Remember how you and your high school sweetheart were “made for each other?” Yeahhhh… maybe not so much.
12. And finally: If you’re feeling cranky, you probably aren’t getting enough sleep.
You should take a nap.