My hunny and I aren’t quite at Atkins Phase 3 yet but I can’t wait!! Mushroom and Pineapple Omelets in under 15 minutes??? I’m all in!
- 1 Teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 Cup chopped white onion
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Ounces shiitake mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Cup fresh pineapple chunks
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and mushrooms. Sauté for about 5 minutes till onions are translucent and mushrooms are soft. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add beaten eggs to skillet. Cook 3 minutes, flip over, cook other side for 2 minutes.
- Add onions and mushrooms to half of omelet. Flip other half over top. Add cheese if desired (1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese will add .5 NC more). Cook an additional 1-2 minutes to melt cheese. Serve with pineapple.