Meticulous Organizing Tips For The
OCD Person In You
You’re better than your mess.
1. Instead of stuffing your plastic bags into some sort of receptable, fold them into tiny neat triangles.
Get the directions here.
2. Use shelf risers so you can keep two nice, neat tiers in any cubby-sized hole.
Of course, your DVDs would be alphabetical.
3. Organize your magazine holders with ribbons and tags.
4. Hang your shelves upside down so that the brackets automatically create built-in compartments.
5. Get a purse organizer.
The best way to stay organized on the go. Get this one here for $26.
6. Keep junk drawers neat with bins velcroed to the bottom.
The velcro will keep the bins from moving around.
7. Hang an upcycled cereal box on the refrigerator to keep your menus and fliers in order.
It’s also a great place to keep coupons. Get the DIY here.
A hanging file folder is another cute idea for recipes and such.
8. Use pan organizers both horizontally and vertically to maximize storage space in your kitchen cabinets.
9. Use wire CD racks to organize Tupperware lids.
10. Create a menu planner with sticky tabs and a binder.
See how Carmona did it here.
11. Make a coaster tray for designated glasses.
Each person gets their own cup and coaster, and it’s their job to clean their cup. Way better than a bunch of dirty cups ending up in the sink every night.
12. Use a pegboard to keep dishes neat.
Outfit them with pegboard inserts and you can customize them to your plate and bowl size.
13. THIS is how you should organize your measuring spoons and cups.
14. Attach a command hook to the side of food canisters for easy scooping.
15. Put all the stuff that would normally be cluttering up the front of your fridge on the inside of your cupboard instead.
Just attach sheet metal to the inside of your cabinet door.
16. Use pipe straps from your local hardware store to make a cheap and easy utensil holder.
17. Use a utensil divider to store toothbrushes.
Instead of keeping them out in the open where they can get all germy.
18. Replacing your weirdly sized shampoo and body wash bottles with uniform bottles will give an appearance of neatness.
Just be sure to label what they are.
19. Mix and match these stackable Muji acrylic drawers for customizable makeup storage that’s easily accessible.
Muji sells them in assorted sizes, and the clear acrylic makes it easy to see everything that’s there.
20. For your drawers, use thick sheets of posterboard to create compartments for all your makeup needs.
It’ll cost you, like, $2 from the dollar store. Get the instructions here.
21. These dollar store stacking bins are the perfect size for bathroom cabinet organization.
BRB going to Dollar Tree.
22. A metal tiered caddy is a great way to organize bath toys or shower supplies.
Rather than keeping stuff littered around the rim of the bathtub.
23. Use doorknobs to hang up individual shower caddies for each member of your family.
24. Hang glasses and sunglasses on a chain suspended between two hooks.
You’ll be able to see them splayed out right in front of you.
You could also hang them on a pants hanger.
25. An Ikea zip line curtain is a great way to organize scarves, socks, and tank tops.
You can hang them up in dead spaces.