Leek Quiche Phase 2
The prep time on this one is 45 minutes so this is more of a weekend breakfast for us. I love this one because I can change it up so many ways by adding or switching out different veggies.
My favorite take on this one is with mushrooms and spinach.
- 3 Egg, whole, raw, lrg
- 8 Servings Atkins Cuisine Pie Crust (9-inch pie crust)
- 1 1/2 Pounds large leeks, white portion and 1 inch of green thoroughly cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 Cup Gruyere cheese, grated and divided
Use 1 Atkins Cuisine Pie Crust recipe (see recipe). Follow instructions to prebake the pie crust. Prebake the shell and pour filling (directions follow) into hot shell.
- Keep oven on at 350°F. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add leeks and sauté, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes, until softened. Remove from heat and stir in cream. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk eggs with salt and pepper. Stir egg mixture into the leeks and cream. Sprinkle ¾ cup of cheese on bottom of pie shell.
- Pour egg mixture into prebaked pie shell; sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake 45 minutes, or until just set in middle and browned on top. If necessary, turn on broiler; broil 6 from element 2 minutes, just until top browns.