13 Comebacks For The Most Overused Breakup Lines
1. “It’s not you, it’s me.”
You’re right, it is you. You, making the biggest mistake of your life.
2. “You’re not the person I fell in love with.”
You must be right. I’ve become someone who deserves much, much better than you.
3. “I love you, I’m just not IN love with you.”
I hate you, I’m just not IN hate with you.
4. “It’s just not working out.”
And we both know how far you’ll go to avoid working out.
5. “I’m a different person than I was when we met.”
Yeah, now you’re a tool.
6. “I need some time to figure out who I am.”
I can help: You’re not worth my time.
7. “We’ve grown apart.”
You say you’ve grown, and yet you insist on acting like a child.
8. “We want different things.”
I guess so. For instance, I want to be in a relationship with someone who can scrape together an original thought.
9. “I’m not in a good place for a relationship right now.”
You’re not in a good place, you’re not a good person — let’s not quibble over details.
10. “You deserve better.”
You better believe it!
11. “I think we should see other people.”
Like on the side? I’ve been doing that for MONTHS!
12. “You’re better off without me.”
Nothing about you could ever make me better than I already am.
13. “I’ve met someone else.”
Darling, it’s not a relationship if you’re paying for it.